Welcome! This page contains information and media on our games as well as on the company itself. Always feel free to get in touch!
Guntastic is a single-screen couch and online multiplayer shooter where up to four players battle in lightning-fast, one-shot one-kill matches over levels changing every few rounds. A frantic homage to the 16bit coin-op games of the past!
The game blends fast gunfights with an over-the-top pixelated art style and retro soundtrack reminiscent of the coin-op games of the late '90s. Gameplay is humorous and comedic, but at the same time highly competitive. Players have a simple goal: annihilate their opponents using a vast arsenal of weapons, powerups and environmental traps. But they have to be quick: every round only lasts twenty-five seconds – after which anyone who’s still alive is forcibly killed!
- Release Date
Steam (PC, Mac)
Action, Arcade, Party Game
- Press Contact
- Fast-paced, one-shot one-kill combat.
- Choose from a vast arsenal of weapons and powerups to wreak havoc on your foes.
- Easy to learn, hard to master gameplay.
- Although the basics are easy to pickup, Guntastic offers rich gameplay possibilities so that two matches never play the same.
- Single screen, 4-players online/local multiplayer.
- Challenge up to three friends in local couch games or compete against people from around the world in online multiplayer matches.
- Retro and over-the-top visuals and soundtrack.
- Everything in the game is reminiscent of the 16-bit era, and was born out of our love for the videogame and movie classics of the past.
- Dynamic levels changing every few rounds.
- Use the environment to your advantage: most levels feature dynamic elements that create spectacular ways to frag opponents!
Awards & Mentions
- Unreal Dev Grant – Epic Games
“The visuals are surprisingly detailed for something so clearly 8-bit inspired, but it's the quickfire combat that this game will be remembered for.” – Den of Geeks
“With incredibly fast-paced and enjoyable multiplayer mechanics, Guntastic is the perfect game for any gunfighter fans […].” – Daily Star
“It's easy to learn and hard to master, and that simplicity is what kept us fully engrossed.” – Game Reactor UK
An archive containing all the media is available for download.
Screenshots & GIFs
Founded at the end of 2016 by Francesco Camarlinghi and Simone Ferroni, Ludicrous Games is a two-men independent game development studio based in Lucca, Italy. We're dedicated to create original, over-the-top videogames that are simply fun to play.
- Founding Date
- Press Contact